The Daring Blades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Needs Macro help!

2 posters

Go down

Needs Macro help! Empty Needs Macro help!

Post  Etarus Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:43 am

The patch made my shackle and clear shackle target macros go poof. Kamine helped me set them up the first time, and they worked beautifully. I need help getting those back! *cry* pretty please! *sniff* I miss them....
Etarus
Etarus

Back to top Go down

Needs Macro help! Empty Re: Needs Macro help!

Post  Hales Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:41 am

Etarus wrote:The patch made my shackle and clear shackle target macros go poof. Kamine helped me set them up the first time, and they worked beautifully. I need help getting those back! *cry* pretty please! *sniff* I miss them....
What do you mean "poof" As in erased them from your macro list or they just don't work now?
Hales
Hales

Back to top Go down

Post  Etarus Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:43 pm

I had to delete my cache, wtf and interface files due to crashing issues (2.4 related). Which reset my game back to default status (ugh). All my macros are gone, no longer exist, have joined the netherworld, .....

Smile
Etarus
Etarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hales Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:03 pm

hehe ok - This is one i use for aurorae - I think it is missing the clear focus if no target part ... which i need to fix Wink

I need to work on my addons due to the patch - i don't know if I'll make it in tonight (friday) but I should be on tomorrow morning.

Anyway, my macro:

Code:
/stopcasting
/focus [target=focus, noexists] [target=focus, dead] [target=focus, help]
/stopmacro [target=focus, noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead

I *think* i need a /focus [noexist] or some such after the /stopcasting macro but i'll have to experiment tomorrow.
Hales
Hales

Back to top Go down

Post  Etarus Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Uh, okay now tell this non-programming person what the heck I do with those lovely commands....

*wonders if Hales thinks she has a clue about computer stuffs....
Etarus
Etarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hales Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:56 pm

*LOL* ok, ok... When I get in next I'll make sure the macro works as I expect it to then post detailed steps...

In the future, inside of your "WTF" folder you will find a folder called "Account" ... Inside that folder you will find a folder by the name of your account (the one you enter at the login screen) ... inside THAT folder you will see a folder called "Kirin Tor" (our serve, duh!) and inside of THAT folder you will see folders for each character. If you save the contents of "Kirin Tor" somewhere safe, when you delete the WTF folder you can quickly launch into the game to see your stuff is totally reset which builds all of the folders. Quit out. Replace the newly created defaults with the backup files and you are good to go.

Summary: WTF / Account / ACCOUNT NAME / Kirin Tor / ** SAVE THESE FOLDERS **

Anyway, I'll post again with the tested macro ... when I get a free hour hehe.
Hales
Hales

Back to top Go down

Post  Etarus Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:15 pm

See its all about communication, I couldn't *expert up* my language and you couldn't *dumb down* yours. I got it to work though, I looked at what you had written then googled the term "shackle macro" and voila I somehow managed to not only get the shackle macro working but also added a "clear" macro so that when I need to switch tragets I can do so.

Thank you *hug*

*toddles off to run errands
Etarus
Etarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hales Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Post your macro, I'm curious about the clear part - that is what I know mine is missing.

Is it just /focus [noexist] ?

Thanks!

p.s. once you get things back the way you like it, save the Kirin Tor folder (a copy of course) somewhere safe. It will save your window layouts, chat channels as well.

Of course, my mac automatically backs up my files without thinking about it but ... *wink*
Hales
Hales

Back to top Go down

Post  Etarus Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:10 pm

/clearfocus (clears my shackle target)

and yes I know Macs are superior but until I have some extra cash I shall have to suffer with the Dell with microsoft OS.

*smiles at Hales
Etarus
Etarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Hales Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:11 pm

oh you have a separate macro to clear the focus? I know there is a way to set up the single shackle macro so that it clears the focus if you have no target. I'll look into it for myself and let you know (if you care) Cool
Hales
Hales

Back to top Go down

Post  Etarus Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:15 pm

I am a creature of habit, thus I use the two macros (that's how I learned and it works well for me). Its rare that you have to change shackle targets but...it does happen.

Oh and driving to my site yesterday in the driving blizzard I saw some poor soul on his bicycle, made me think of you! Smile
Etarus
Etarus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down